What We Do: SWM provides solutions to make products stronger, more durable and with increased performance. Every day, our papers, films, nets and nonwovens are used in the medical, filtration, transportation and a variety of other markets globally. While we may be a global powerhouse, we are still a "human-sized” enterprise, dedicated to offering rewarding opportunities with room to grow for all our employees. You can learn more about us at www.swmintl.com. This position is in Roanoke, VA and the hours would be 12:00am-8:00am Tuesday-Saturday.
What You'll Do:
- Reponsible for the safe and effective maintenance of the plant in accordance to the requirements of the production schedule.
- Diagnoses and Repairs equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance tasks
- Installs and removes equipment
- This is a fast-paced environment with an 8 hour schedule.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 to 5 years electrical and mechanical equipment maintenance
- Communication skills
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and 100 lbs. with assistance
- Basic math skills
- Read and comprehend English
- Ability to coordinate the activities of the maintenance technician
- Knowledge of basic electricity/electronics
- Ability to read basic schematics and use of electrical multi meter
- Knowledge of basic machine mechanics
- Must be familiar with OSHA regulations and have the ability to recognize and correct any system weaknesses.
- Electrical certification
- Competitive weekly pay with the opportunity to advance
- Health, Dental & Vision Insurance
- Retirement Plan with company matching
- Holiday Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Tuition Reimbursement and on the job training
Note: The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the incumbent. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of this position.
Employment/Position Type:Full Time
Share On :